Bullet journaling is a fun and creative way to get your life in order and boost your productivity, but there’s no denying that it’s a time consuming practice. While this slow and mindful activity is part of the process for some, for others with busier lifestyles it may not be an option.
If you want to incorporate bullet journaling into your life but you’re looking for ways to save time, why not try checking out a premade bullet journal?
This post contains affiliate links. Please click here if you wish to read my full disclosure.
What is bullet journaling?
Bullet journaling is a system of journaling developed by the designer Ryder Carroll that has the purpose of helping you “track the past, organize the present and plan for the future”.
This journal system combines multiple different tools and practices into one single notebook, including daily, weekly & monthly logs, lists, notes, trackers, mind-maps, goals and more.
The possibilities are endless really, and the idea is that you can get as creative as you like to really make your journal your own. The traditional bullet journal is therefore started from scratch in a blank journal with dotted pages - you are the journal designer and creator.
The benefits of bullet journaling
The benefits of traditional bullet journal are many. We’re talking:
- Boosting creativity
- Inspiring new ideas
- Helping you stay organized
- Giving you peace of mind and clarity
- And motivating you to get things done
It’s a truly wonderful system for those that are dedicated to it, but there’s no denying that it’s not for everyone.
Why consider a premade bullet journal?
Three core reasons why a traditional bullet journal system may not work for you are essentially time, effort and finances.
Time: setting up a bullet journal each month is a time consuming process, and those with busier lifestyles and families may not be able to find the time and space alone to create the journal itself.
Effort: it’s also pretty effortful and it’s okay to admit this! For those of us who may be a little less creative it can be hard to get into the flow of it and you may simply prefer a structured format that is already created for you.
Finances: this may not be relevant if you keep things super simple, but many people want their bullet journals to look fancy, which means the added expenses of different pens and other materials. Premade bullet journals can be preprinted with attractive designs, saving you money in the long run.
If any of these factors come into play for you, investing in a premade bullet journal may be a better option than a more traditional approach! Saving you time, effort and money, a premade bullet journal can help you focus on productivity!
Sign up to get your free printable goal planner!
What to look for in a premade bullet journal
So, what should you be looking for in a preprinted bullet journal? Here are some things that you may want to keep in mind depending on your individual preferences:
- Dotted pages for that traditional feel!
- Weekly and monthly templates to save time and increase productivity
- Room to bullet and write notes if desired
- Ability to personalize if desired
The 5 Best Premade Bullet Journals
With that being said, here are 5 of the best premade bullet journals to kickstart your productivity journey!
1. The Bullet Keeper Planner
The Bullet Keeper Planner is a preprinted bullet journal with the flexibility to customize. It features:
- Blank dates and undated months, giving you the flexibility to start whenever you want and fill in as you go
- Dotted pages to keep track of to-do lists budgets, goals or habit tracking
- Monthly calendars and weekly layouts to allow you to plan ahead
- Extra space throughout to give you the freedom to create extra notes, lists or doodles
2. Scribbles That Matter (Preprinted Version)
The popular Scribbles that Matter journals offer a preprinted bullet journal, which includes:
- Preprinted monthly and weekly pages without dates
- Blank dotted pages throughout, giving you room to customize with lists
- Blank dotted areas on each page to customize
- Pen loop to store your favorite pen
- Tab margin to easily flick to where you need to be
3. Cloudberry Preprinted Bullet Journal
Cloudberry Journals are a company that specialises in creating beautiful premade bullet journals to save you time, effort and money. Their attractive journals feature:
- Pre-numbered dot grid pages
- Table of contents
- Monthly calendars
- Weekly agendas
- 10 popular collections pages
- Extra blank pages to make the journal your own
- An attractive floral design on the front cover in your choice of blue or green
4. Printable Bullet Journal Starter Kit
Another option that I love is a printable bullet journal starter kit. You can print off these pages and insert them into any blank journal or folder to turn it into a bullet style journal. The advantage of this is that you have the undated file for life and can reuse the pages year after year. This printable bullet journal starter kit includes:
- Dotted pages
- Monthly plan pages with space to track finances, tasks, notes and events
- Weekly plan pages with space for tasks, achievements and a habit tracker
- Daily plan pages with priorities, a meal plan, water intake tracking, fitness tracking and a time blocking schedule
5. The Ultimate Digital Bullet Journal
Another alternative option is starting a digital bullet journal. This is another fun option for those who may struggle with creativity or want to save on time.
Digital bullet journals are designed to be used on a PDF annotation app on a tablet device, and can be used year after year. The Ultimate Digital Bullet Journal includes:
- An index page
- Blank white, dot grid, quad ruled and lined paper that can be inserted anywhere
- Monthly and weekly views
- List and tracker templates including birthday tracker, movies to watch, books to read, wellness log, daily log, spending tracker, floral habit tracker, mood mandala, year in pixels, blank hexagon pattern, savings and want/needs list, polaroid memories page and gratitude log
As you can see, there are plenty of options to choose from if traditional bullet journaling just isn’t your thing! Let me know if you use any of these premade bullet journal options and how you get on!
And don't forget to pin this post before you go!