If you’re struggling with low self-esteem and self-doubt, know that you are not alone.
But also know that self love affirmations are one way that you can tackle this!
Self love affirmations are one of my favourite ways to work on my relationship with myself, because I know that this forms the basis for absolutely everything else in my life. And that’s why I want to share them with you too.
As humans we are often far too critical of ourselves, and it’s easy to fall into the habit of negative affirmations without even realizing.
Have you found yourself saying things like “I can’t do that”, “I’m not good enough” or “I am unworthy”? I know I have…
What many people don’t realize is that when we put these negative beliefs out there, all we do is hold ourselves back from living to our true potential.
Not only do we talk ourselves out of exciting opportunities, but we also send messages to the universe that this is the life that we accept for ourselves.
These limiting beliefs are ultimately what hold us back from manifesting the life that we really want for ourselves, and once we get them in our heads it can be a vicious cycle that affects our behaviour and feeds back into the same thought patterns again and again.
Reframe your limiting beliefs for more self love
So what’s the solution? Work to reprogram your belief system by using a combination of techniques, and tackle your behaviour by “acting as if“.
When it comes to rewiring your brain, self love affirmations could be what’s needed to switch up your mindset and the vibes you’re putting out into the universe.
By adopting this new mindset, you can begin taking new actions towards the person you want to become, which ultimately reinforces these new, more positive, and self-serving beliefs.
In other words, the more you practice affirmations for self love, the greater your self belief will grow.
And with higher self belief, you can take advantage of more opportunities and align yourself with your highest potential!
This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure.
How to use positive affirmations for self love
Dedicate some time each day to practice affirming yourself. It’s important to make this a part of your everyday routine because it is so easy to fall back into old belief patterns if you don’t stay consistent.
My advice would be to add your self love affirmations into an existing part of your routine, like when you brush your teeth or do your makeup or skincare.
This will make it easier to remember to practice them and your affirmations will soon become a natural part of your everyday routine.
My favorite time to practice positive affirmations is in the morning because it sets me up with a positive mindset for the day.
But you can also try saying your self love affirmations right before bed so they can work their magic overnight – the time of day matters way less than just getting them in consistently!
Tip: for an even bigger boost before bed, try recording yourself saying your self love affirmations and play them while you sleep to send the messages straight to your subconscious!
How to get the most out of your self love affirmations
The key to practicing positive affirmations is to really feel them.
Saying them is one thing, but believing them and embodying the energy of them is where the real magic starts to happen.
It will feel uncomfortable at first, sure. When you first start saying your self love affirmations there may be some resistance because you don’t actually feel them yet.
That’s why I would also recommend doing some limiting belief work to truly work through your historical beliefs, so that it feels a little easier to truly embody your affirmations.
Get your FREE Manifestation Blocks PDF to achieve your manifestation breakthrough
Then over time feeling your affirmations will become more natural as you start to develop more self love and confidence.
Pick a few self love affirmations that you think you need to work on the most and work with them consistently for a period of time.
Then once you think you’ve mastered those areas, you can pick new ones and develop your belief in yourself even further!
100 positive affirmations for self love
Here are some self love affirmation ideas to help get you started with your practice.
- I love my body and all it does for me
- I am enough
- I am worthy of love
- I respect my own boundaries
- Today, I choose me
- I love the woman/man that I am
- I am loved
- I am deserving of love
- I am kind to myself
- Love flows from within me
- I am beautiful, inside and out
- I embrace my unique individuality
- I deserve happiness
- I let go of negative self talk
- I am whole
- Everything I need is within me
- I am in control of my happiness
- I am capable of reaching my goals
- I accept myself unconditionally
- I do not let my fears hold me back
- I am grateful for all that I have
- I make time to care for myself
- I love and accept all of me
- Loving myself comes easily and naturally
- I am strong and resilient
- I am successful
- My capacity for love is infinite
- I let go of those who do not have my best interests at heart
- I let go of my past and live in the present
- I am growing each and every day
- I forgive myself and learn from my mistakes
- I am a work of art
- I am valued
- I allow myself to feel deeply
- I am open to receive love
- I love the body I was born with
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to
- I overcome challenges with grace and ease
- I have a warm and caring heart
- I am exactly who I need to be in this moment
- I send love to my fears and doubts
- I deflect negativity
- I believe in myself
- I can say no when something does not serve me
- I let go of that which no longer serves me
- I accept compliments easily
- I release any need for suffering
- I have a lot to offer the world
- I love every part of what makes me who I am
- I am blanketed in the Universes’ loving energy
- My life is filled with love and joy
- I have always and will always try my best
- I have achieved great things
- I respect myself
- My life is a place of balance and harmony
- I have the power to change my world
- I choose to stop apologizing for being me
- I am not my mistakes or my flaws
- Others accept and love me for who I am
- I prioritize myself and my needs
- I radiate confidence
- My mind is filled with loving thoughts
- I attract positive and loving people into my life
- The more I practice loving myself, the more lovable I become
- I let love in
- I let my love for myself increase each day
- Love flows freely from inside of me
- I practice self-compassion when I do not succeed
- I honor my own life path
- I honor and respect my limitations
- I have so much to love about myself
- My life is a reflection of the love inside me
- The only approval I need is my own
- I radiate love
- I love my own company
- I do not need anyone to feel worthy
- I attract love and light
- I release the need to judge myself negatively
- Today I start loving myself more
- I am capable of loving fully and completely
- I treat my body with love and care
- I am powerful and confident
- I trust in my ability to make it through difficult times
- I trust my intuition
- My life is full of endless opportunities for success and happiness
- My inner world creates my outer world
- I reward myself for my hard work and dedication
- I am balanced
- The universe supports me, always
- I have a loving relationship with my body
- I can choose self-love whenever I desire
- Loving myself means I am able to love others more
- I have a positive and healing effect on others
- I have so much to celebrate in life
- I am proud of myself
- I choose to view my life positively
- My body is my best friend
- I choose to nourish my health
- I am the healer of my own life
- I am love
And there you have it, now you’re armed with 100 self love affirmations to build up your belief in yourself so you can begin embodying the person you want to become and attract the life you want to live!
I’d love to hear from you – have you tried practicing positive affirmations for self love?
Tell me your favorite self love affirmations and if there are any new ones you plan to use from this list.
And don’t forget to share this post!
Looking for more tips to practice self love? Check out these posts: