Tarot is an amazing tool for both self-discovery, personal growth and spiritual guidance, which is why it’s been a part of my practice for over five years now.
But did you know that it’s also a powerful tool to add to your manifestation practice?
Whether you’re trying to attract abundance, love, or your dream job, tarot for manifestation can help you get clear on your intentions and align your energy to bring your desires into fruition.
Throughout my own healing and manifestation journey, I’ve encountered plenty of phases where I’ve felt unsure about my purpose, the direction I’m heading and the action I needed to take to get to where I want to be.
And where did I get the support I needed each and every time? You guessed it – tarot.
When I added tarot to my manifestation practice I felt more clear and guided than ever before (along with several other benefits of tarot for manifestation that we’ll discuss in this post).
You see, tarot is a tool that will serve you in almost every situation of life, manifestation included.
In this post we’ll be delving into the art of using tarot for manifestation so that you can get more potent results from your intentions than ever before.
I’ll be guiding you through a step-by-step process for using tarot for manifestation, tips to enhance your practice, and even a list of tarot cards to look out for when reading tarot for manifestation.
So whether you’re brand new to tarot or a seasoned tarot reader, you’ll learn some valuable insights to add to your manifestation journey in this post. Let’s get into it!
This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure.
What is manifestation?
Manifestation is the process of bringing something from your desired reality into your actualised reality.
More specifically, it’s achieving your goals, dreams and desires by setting aligned intentions, taking inspired action and embodying the energy of what you want to manifest.
Manifestation is thought to occur due to a universal law called the Law of Attraction, which describes the process of “like attracts like” – the energy you put out into the universe is the energy that will be attracted back to you.
Based on this theory, if you truly embody the energy of your desire it is inevitable that you will attract it into your life.
Whether or not you believe in the Law of Attraction, adopting a positive mindset while working towards your goals is undoubtedly non-negotiable when it comes to making them happen. And, as you’re about to discover, tarot can help you with this.
How can tarot help with manifestation?
So now I know what you’re thinking, how on earth can tarot help with manifesting?
Well, there are actually several factors that make tarot a valuable tool in the process of manifestation, and they might not all be what you think.
Here are some ways that tarot can help you with manifesting your dreams:
- Clarity and aligned intention setting: sometimes you’ll find yourself in a situation where you don’t even know what you want! Reading tarot can be a powerful way to get clear about your desires and even your purpose. This in turn helps you to set aligned intentions, otherwise known as divinely-inspired goals, that are more likely to manifest.
- Affirming your self-belief: as I said before, belief when manifesting is key to actualising your desires. Receiving tarot cards that align with your intentions can help to reinforce your belief and keep you motivated and inspired on the path to achieving your goals. This can be particularly helpful if your belief wavers when your desire hasn’t been actualised yet.
- Increasing positive energy: receiving a reassuring tarot spread can help increase positive thoughts, feelings of positivity and wisdom which allows you to stay in alignment with your higher self, which is essential for successful manifestation!
- Self reflection and release: tarot readings can help you to reflect on your thoughts, emotions and beliefs of the subconscious mind which can help you to identify the things that need healing, especially limiting beliefs that might be blocking your manifestation.
- Guidance to take inspired action: manifestation requires aligned action, and tarot can help to provide clarity about the path ahead and the action you need to take in order to reach your goals.
- Bringing things to attention: tarot can help to bring to attention signs that you might otherwise be missing about opportunities available, energy we need to embody, or anything else that can lead you closer to manifesting your desire.
- Tracking progress: sometimes we need confirmation that we’re on the right track! Tarot can be a useful tool to track progress and see whether we’re in alignment with what we’re trying to manifest.
While tarot is not a magical manifestation tool that will bring your desire to you immediately (spoiler alert: no manifestation tool can do that!), it can be really valuable for helping you get into alignment with your desire and achieving your goals much faster.
Plus, it makes the whole journey much more fun and enjoyable!
How to use tarot for manifestation
So hopefully by now you have a good understanding of how tarot can help you with manifesting your desires.
But how do you actually use tarot to aid your manifestation?
It’s simple, really. Here are some easy steps to follow to practise reading tarot for manifestation in your own life.
Step one: create a sacred space
The first step to any tarot reading is to create a sacred space ie. a space that allows you to have clear energy and to give your sole focus to the reading.
It’s up to you how you set up this space, whether that means lighting incense, cleansing your space with a smudging stick or dimming the lights and getting cosy.
I personally like to do my tarot readings as one of the last steps in my morning routine.
My cards are also already ready to use because I store them in my tarot card bag with a cleansing crystal – you can read about how to cleanse and store your tarot deck here.
Step two: set a clear intention
Before you get to shuffling your cards, it’s time to set an intention for your reading.
If you already have a clear intention of what you want to manifest, that’s great – you can use this intention to form the focus for your reading.
Or, if you don’t have a clear idea of what you want to manifest, asking your cards what to focus your energy on is a good starting point.
Step three: shuffle and draw cards
With your intention in mind, it’s time to shuffle your deck.
Keep shuffling your cards until you get a sense that you’re ready to pull a card, or until a card jumps out of the deck.
Later in this post I’ll be sharing some manifestation tarot spreads that you can use to guide your reading. Otherwise, you can pull a singular card or as many cards as you feel necessary to get some insight about what it is you want to manifest.
Step four: interpret the cards
Each time you pull a card, take some time to reflect on its meaning and what it is guiding you towards.
This will come more naturally if you have a good understanding of tarot card meanings, so if you’re new to tarot you might want to use my tarot meanings cheat sheet to guide you.
But more than anything, you want to pay attention to any intuitive messages you might receive.
What does a card want you to know? What is its symbolism pointing to? What action does it want you to take?
At this stage you can also use tarot card affirmations to help you connect to the energy of each card.
And as well as considering each card individually, consider the spread as a whole.
Are there any recurring themes or symbols within the cards? If there are, these will be particularly important to focus on when it comes to your manifestation goals.
Get your FREE tarot numerology cheat sheet to learn intuitive tarot reading!
Step five: take inspired action
Now, this is the most crucial step.
Reading your tarot cards can only take you so far when it comes to manifesting your goals.
The key to actualising your goals is to take inspired action based on the messages you receive from the cards.
Identify actionable steps that you can take to align yourself with the energy of the cards you received, and commit to making it happen.
Taking this aligned action is what will catapult you in the direction of your dreams.
Step six: continue to align and reflect
As you continue taking action towards your goals, continue to take the time to reflect on your progress and make sure you’re in alignment with what you’re trying to achieve.
Check in every so often to do another tarot spread to see what comes up. This might give you insights into how to adjust your path, or give you necessary reassurance to keep going!
Pulling a singular card a day is also an amazing way to keep moving forward in alignment between readings. (top tip: you can also incorporate tarot affirmations to make it easier to embody the energy of the cards that come up!)
You might choose to keep a journal to track your progress and record any new insights that come up from your tarot readings too.
Following these steps will ensure that you are always moving in the right direction and taking action that’s in alignment for you right now.
Remember, manifestation is a process and staying committed is one of the most important parts.
So, keep showing up day and after day and ensure you’re embodying the energy of your desires. Then, soon enough, those desires will become your reality.
Manifestation tarot spreads
If you don’t yet have a clear intention or you’re struggling to guide your tarot reading, tarot spreads are a great place to start.
These manifestation tarot spreads can help you to gain insights, guidance and clarity on different aspects of your manifestation process.
Pick a manifestation tarot spread that suits what you want to gain from your reading and use it to guide you…
The intention-action-outcome spread
This spread helps you to find clarity on what you want to manifest and how to get there.
- Intention (card 1): draw this card to gain insight into what intention would be aligned to manifest right now. What do you want to bring into your life? What are your dreams and desires?
- Action (card 2): draw this card to gain clarity on the action you need to take to move towards your desire. What do you need to do to bring yourself into alignment?
- Outcome (card 3): this card offers additional guidance on the energy that will come with manifesting your desire. What is the potential outcome of taking this path? What energy might taking this action attract?
The Blockage-Breakthrough-Manifestation Spread
This spread will help you identify anything that is holding you back from manifesting your desires, and how you can overcome this.
- Blockage (card 1): draw this card to bring to light any obstacles that are blocking your manifestation progress. What is holding you back from manifesting your desires?
- Breakthrough (card 2): this card will reveal the solution to overcome and break through these obstacles. What actions, attitudes and changes can you make to move forward?
- Manifestation (card 3): this card represents the energy and potential outcome once you have overcome this blockage. What can you expect to manifest once you’ve had this breakthrough?
The Moon Phases Spread
This four card spread helps to align your process to the phases of the Moon, heightening the power of your manifestation with lunar energy.
This reading should be performed on the new moon to gain insights into the cycle ahead.
Want more moon phase tarot spreads? Check them out here.
- New Moon (card 1): draw this card to gain insight into the energy that is coming forth during this new moon. What intentions should you set for this moon cycle? What new opportunities or goals should you focus on?
- Waxing Moon (card 2): This card represents the action you should focus on to bring your intention into fruition as the moon waxes. What actions can you take to support your intentions during this phase?
- Full Moon (card 3): Draw this card to receive insight into the peak energy that is being called in for you during the full moon. What can you expect to come into fruition during the full moon?
- Waning Moon (card 4): Draw this card to identify what you need to release and let go of before another new cycle begins. What do you need to release to make room for new manifestations?
12 best tarot cards for manifesting
By now you should have a super clear idea of how to use tarot for manifestation.
But another thing that can heighten your manifestation readings is also knowing which tarot cards are powerful signs of manifestation.
As we mentioned earlier, tarot can help with manifestation in many ways, one of these ways being by offering you encouragement and reassurance that you’re on the right path and in alignment with your desire.
But for this to be the case, we need to understand the cards and their meanings!
If you’re not 100% familiar with tarot card meanings, it can be particularly helpful to know certain cards to look out for while doing your manifestation reading.
This is because certain tarot cards can act as powerful messengers and confirmation that either we’re on the right track or our manifestation is imminent. Knowing these cards is therefore a bonus that will make your manifestation readings easier to interpret.
While each tarot card will offer its own insight into your manifestation journey, these 12 cards in particular are considered powerful and significant for manifesting.
From both the minor and major arcana cards, each of these cards has unique energy and symbolism that makes them particularly supportive to the manifestation process.
So with that being said, let’s explore these powerful manifestation cards…
- The Magician: the Magician represents the power of manifestation itself aka the ability to bring your intentions into reality through focus and aligned energy. If this card comes up in your manifestation reading consider it a good omen and encouragement to tap into your inner resources to create the life you want.
- The Empress: The Empress represents abundance, fertility and nurturing energy. If this shows up in your reading, it could symbolise the manifestation of abundance and prosperity and is a sign of encouragement that you’re in alignment with the abundance of the universe.
- The Sun: The Sun represents positivity and success, signifying clarity and achievement. If this card shows up in your manifestation reading it could point to the fulfilment of your desires, and represent joy and abundance on your manifestation journey.
- The Star: the Star represents hope, faith and spiritual guidance. If you pull this card you might be reminded to believe in the power of the universe and trust that your desires are in good hands. This card encourages you to keep moving forward towards your goals and remain optimistic.
- The Wheel of Fortune: the Wheel of Fortune represents the cyclical nature of life, change and opportunity. If this card shows up in your manifestation reading it might suggest limitless possibilities or a turning point in your manifestation journey. It could also be a reminder to go with the flow and take new opportunities because they will lead you towards your desire.
- The World: the World signifies completion, fulfilment and the achievement of your goals. If you pull this card, it suggests manifestation of your desires is imminent and your work is done. Take this card as reassurance that you have accomplished what you set out to do!
- Ace of Wands: the Ace of Wands represents new opportunities and inspiration. It points to potential for growth and expansion and suggests you are beginning a journey of manifesting a new desire and building a strong foundation for your goals.
- Ace of Cups: the first card in the suit of cups, the Ace of Cups represents emotional fulfilment and deep connections. If you pull this card it could signify the beginning of manifestation of love and harmonious relationships. It might also represent emotional healing of love blocks that could be getting in your way of manifestation.
- Ace of Pentacles: the first card in the suit of pentacles, the Ace of Pentacles represents material abundance and tangible rewards. This card in a manifestation reading can point to the manifestation of prosperity, financial stability, material possessions and anything of the “physical world”.
- Nine of Cups: this card is sometimes referred to as the “wish card” and can represent manifestation and wishes coming true. It also points to satisfaction and satisfaction with what you have, and depending on where it is in your reading it might be asking you to embody more gratitude in your life.
- Ten of Cups: the Ten of Cups is the final card in the cups suit (before the court cards) and represents emotional fulfilment and harmony in relationships. This card often signifies the manifestation of love and supportive relationships.
- Ten of Pentacles: the Ten of Pentacles represents long term stability in finances and the material world. If you pull this card it might point to manifestation of generational wealth and success, such as inheritance, or the fulfilment of financial and material goals.
As I mentioned before, each and every card in the tarot will serve its own purpose when it shows up in your manifestation tarot reading.
However, keep an eye out for these cards if you’re looking for signs of encouragement on your manifestation journey!
As you can see, tarot holds serious transformative potential when it comes to your manifestation practice.
I hope that through this post you’ve discovered ways to use tarot for manifestation in your own life to draw your desires closer to reality and achieve your wildest dreams.
But remember, tarot is not a shortcut to instant fulfilment. Manifestation is a journey that requires commitment, dedication and patience, and tarot is a tool to enhance this journey.
So with that being said, happy manifesting!
Liked this post on how to use tarot for manifestation? Check out these related posts:
- Tarot Reading Tips: 11 Tarot Practice Exercises for Beginners
- How to Use Tarot for Self Discovery and Personal Growth
- 15 Easy Three Card Tarot Spreads for Beginners
- 78 Positive Daily Tarot Affirmations for your Deck
And don’t forget to pin this post for later!