Friendships are incredibly important in our lives and are a crucial part of feeling connected and accepted in society. After all, if we look back to tribal times, both family and friends would have been a crucial part of our safety and, you know, our legitimate survival.
However, I don’t know about you, but friendships are always something I’ve struggled with in my own life. Whether it’s making friends or keeping them, it’s just not something that comes naturally to me.
If you’re similar, friendship affirmations might be something that can help you improve the quality of your friendships so you can feel more fulfilled and connected. Yay!
Friendship affirmations have helped me personally with my relationships with friends, and have been an important part of transforming my mindset around friendships which hasn’t always been the most positive.
So if you too struggle with making or keeping friends, or relating to others in general, know that you’re not alone.
And with a little bit of work, and the assistance of some friendship affirmations, you can create more meaningful connections and friendships that last!
So keep reading to explore how you can use friendship affirmations in your own life to manifest new friendships and improve existing ones.
How do you manifest a friendship?
As with anything else you’re trying to manifest, manifesting a friendship relies on you aligning your energy to be a match for it.
So whether it’s a specific friendship you’re trying to manifest, or just better friendships in general, you need to work on your own energy and make sure you’re living in alignment with that of someone who has high quality friendships.
In other words, you need to “act as if”, which is always my top tip for prioritising any desire.
Here is a quick guide of how this might look in practice to help get you on track and in alignment with your desired friendship.
Step one: identify the friendship you desire
What is it you want from a friendship? Is there a specific friend you want to manifest? What qualities would your ideal friend have?
Step two: identify the feelings that you associate with this friendship
Why do you want these qualities in a friend? How would this make you feel? What would this friendship give you?
Step three: act as if and get into alignment
Align yourself with the energy of your desired friendship by acting as if you already have this friend.
This means you need to give yourself the feelings that you believe this friendship would give you. For example, if you think your desired friendship would make you feel more able to be yourself, how could you embody this energy now?
In this example, this might look like showing up as your authentic self as if you already had this friend cheering you on. (except you’d have to be the one cheering yourself on!)
And furthermore, to get in alignment with the friendships you want to attract, you need to also be the friend that you want in somebody else.
That means that if you desire certain qualities in a friendship then you need to also treat others in this same way.
It sounds like such a cliche to say “treat others how you wish to be treated” but in the case of manifesting friendships it couldn’t be more true!
Once you begin embodying the energy of the friendships that you desire then you will naturally begin to attract others that embody this energy too.
How to use friendship affirmations to improve friendships
So where do friendship affirmations come in?
Well, when it comes to getting in alignment with the friendships you desire, there can be challenges involved.
As I hinted to earlier with my own experience, some of us will have negative thoughts and feelings surrounding friendships that can act as energetic blocks to us attracting the kinds of friendships that we truly want for ourselves.
As somebody who was badly bullied in school and has been let down and betrayed several times by friends, it’s not always easy to act as if or keep showing up to friendships that keep letting me down time and time again.
In this case a little more mindset work is required in the form of friendship affirmations.
Friendship affirmations can help to gradually change your belief system surrounding friends by rewiring your brain through repetition. This consistent practice can help you become an energetic match for the kinds of friendships you desire, regardless of your previous experiences.
For me, the best way to work with friendship affirmations is to combine them with something like the mirror method to really help you embody the energy of the friendships you’re trying to create.
You might also choose to write your affirmations down or record yourself saying them aloud to listen to them throughout the day.
In truth, it doesn’t matter so much what method you choose to practise your friendship affirmations. What matters most is consistency and making an active effort to tune into the energy of your words.
Try and take some time every single day to work with your friendship affirmations and during this time feel into the energy of the affirmations and visualise the outcome of having your desired friendship.
At first you may feel a little strange if your desire feels out of reach, but over time the process will become easier as you bring yourself more and more into alignment with your desire.
Related post: How to Make Affirmations Work Faster
109 Positive friendship affirmations for new and existing friends
Hopefully now you have a clearer understanding of how to manifest a friendship and how you can use friendship affirmations to accelerate this process and remove any blocks to manifesting your desired friendships.
Now, let’s look at some examples of powerful friendship affirmations that can help you to improve your friendship connections.
These are some of the best friendship affirmations that I connect with and they can be used for a range of different situations, like making new friends, improving existing friendships or dealing with “friendship breakups”.
My advice would be to find up to three friendship affirmations that you connect with the most and dedicate some time to consistently working with these affirmations.
Over time you can then change up your practice and the affirmations you’re working with depending on your current reality.
So with all that being said, here are 109 of the best friendship affirmations for both new and existing friends.
Affirmations for making friends
1. I love making friends that I genuinely respect and admire
2. I make friends naturally and without effort
3. I choose the best people to make friends with
4. There are opportunities to make friends everywhere I go
5. I always make friends with like minded people
6. Every day is an opportunity to make new friends
7. Nice people want to make friends with me
8. Making new friends comes easily to me
9. I will leave my comfort zone because making new friends is worth it
Affirmations to attract friendship
10. I am attracting the perfect friendships for me
11. All the people I attract are fun to be around
12. My circle of friends is constantly expanding
13. I attract kind hearted people
14. I am attracting beautiful souls into my life
15. I naturally attract positive relationships into my life
16. I am a magnet for attracting positive friendships
17. I attract beautiful friendships that bring me joy
18. Others are drawn to my friendly nature
Affirmations for new friendships
19. I am ready to make new friends
20. I am comfortable around new people
21. New friendships are exciting to me
22. It’s easy for me to make new friends and keep them
23. New people always come into my life at the right time
24. I am grateful for my new friendships
25. I am ready to open my heart to a new friendship
26. Everyday I am open to new friendships
27. I can easily meet new friends whenever I need them
28. I welcome new like minded people into my life
29. I am excited to welcome in new friends
Gratitude affirmations for friends
30. I am thankful to my friends for being themselves
31. I always make sure to cherish my friendships
32. I am grateful to each of my wonderful friends
33. I am grateful when my friends have my back
34. I value my connections with my friends
35. I am truly thankful for my friendship circle
36. I am grateful for the way my friends make me feel
37. I thank the universe for giving me loving and supportive friends
38. I am grateful for a friendship circle that gives me everything I need
39. I know I am blessed to have the friends that I do
40. I am honoured to have such positive friendships
Affirmations for lasting friendships
41. I have what it takes to maintain long lasting friendships
42. People enjoy being friends with me
43. All of my friendships are real, loyal and genuine
44. Each of my friends will stay in my life forever
45. I’m creating lasting friendships by always being there for my friends
46. I always find the time for my lasting friendships
47. My friends and I always have something to talk about
48. I always make myself available when my friends need me
49. All of my friends are worthy of love and loyalty
50. My friends want to see me as often as I want to see them
51. My friends know how important they are to me
52. My friends and I always make time for each other
53. I make the effort to be a good and supportive friend
54. My inner circle only consists of good kind hearted people
55. My friends like me for me
56. I can be myself when I’m with my friends
57. I cherish my friendships to make them last a very long time
58. I build strong and solid friendships
Affirmations to give your best friend or make a best friend
59. I always let my friends know how much they mean to me
60. My best friend never lets me down
61. Having a best friend is the best thing ever
62. When my friends need me, I will always be there for them
63. I’m always striving to be a supportive friend
64. I am ready for a best friend to enter my life
65. I can’t wait to meet my best friend
66. I am best friend material
67. My best friends never judge me
68. My best friend is just like me
69. I love being so close with my best friend
70. Me and my best friend are like two peas in a pod
Affirmations for losing friends
71. Any toxic people in my life are better left behind
72. I am letting go of any friends who constantly let me down
73. I have the right to choose friendships that benefit me
74. I let go of toxic relationships easily
75. I protect myself from bad friendships
76. I value my self worth more highly than harmful friendships
77. I am allowed to have expectations and standards within friendships
78. True friends respect me
79. I am allowed to walk away from friendships which cause me pain or harm
80. I can choose to walk away from a friendship but still mourn my loss
81. Strong friendships cannot be broken
82. The loss of one friend makes space for a new one
Affirmations for healing friendships
83. I trust all of my friends wholeheartedly
84. I am able to accept my friends flaws and love them for who they are
85. I set healthy and balanced boundaries with my friends
86. I am good enough for my friends to love me
87. I can turn to my friends for comfort in tough times
88. I am good enough to have great friends
89. I choose to have only healthy friendships
90. I love my friends even though they aren’t perfect
91. My friends make me feel safe and cherished
92. My friendship circle is able to have respectful disagreements
93. My closest friends have seen and loved me at my worst
94. My friendships can survive tough times
95. All of my friendships are worthy of love and repair
Affirmations for beautiful friendships
96. I can rely on my friends for support, emotional or otherwise
97. All of my friendships are beautiful and fulfilling
98. Everybody in my circle is a loyal and trustworthy person
99. Every friend I have is a beautiful person
100. Loving myself lets me give love to my friends
101. I have fun with my friends when we spend time together
102. I share deep connections with all of my friends
103. My friends have values that align with mine
104. My friends let me freely be myself
105. Each of my friendships brings me joy
106. I can always be honest with my friends
107. My friends and I can always rely on each other
108. My friends are on my wavelength
109. My friends are supportive of all that I do
And there you have it, those are 109 of the best friendship affirmations for new and existing friends.
I trust that there is at least one affirmation in this list that you can connect with and use in your own practice to improve your friendships.
And at the very least, I hope that this post has reassured you that you’re not alone if you struggle with friendships. And that it’s more than possible to achieve better connections with a little bit of work and perseverance.
I’m wishing you all the best on your friendship journey and I hope that these affirmations help you get to where you want to be!
Want more content like this? Check out these posts:
- 50 Soulmate Affirmations to Attract Your Soulmate
- How to Make Affirmations Work Faster
- 84 Best Protection Affirmations for Safety and Grounding
And don’t forget to pin this post!
Esther is the founder of Through the Phases. Her mission is to guide others to grow to their full potential and create their dream life using spiritual and personal growth practices. Read more about her story here!