When our root chakra is blocked it can cause a lot of turbulent feelings - since it is what’s known as our “base chakra”, when unbalanced it can put our entire system off.
If you suffer from feelings like fear, anxiety, doubt and insecurity then your root chakra may need a little bit of TLC. Try the root chakra affirmations in this post to help clear any blockages in the first chakra and get grounded in your life!
Root Chakra Meaning and Location
The root chakra is the first of the seven primary chakras and lies at the base of the spine around the perineum. It is associated with the colour red.
The root chakra is associated with basic needs, a sense of safety and security, groundedness and a stable foundation. When in balance we feel safe or “at home” in the world and our basic needs feel satisfied.
Root Chakra Imbalance Symptoms
When we have a root chakra imbalance, either underactive or overactive, we may exhibit symptoms in the areas associated with the chakra. Examples of these include:
- A lack of focus
- Feeling abandoned
- Excessive negativity or cynicism
Root Chakra Affirmations for Healing
Root chakra affirmations can be a powerful tool for unblocking the first chakra. They are best used daily for the best results.
Related: How to Unblock Chakras with Crystals
You might try incorporating these root chakra mantras into your meditation by repeating them in your mindspace, or you can repeat them out loud as part of your morning routine. You may also wish to write them in your journal to further reinforce them!
Here are 20 root chakra affirmations to try:
- My root chakra is balanced
- I am safe and grounded
- I feel protected in this world
- I am at home, wherever I am
- All is well in my world
- I deserve to be safe at all times
- I have a right to be here
- I am supported by mother earth
- I am deeply rooted
- I am connected to my body
- I have everything I need
- I nurture my body with what it needs to flourish
- I trust in the good of the world
- I release all my doubts and fears
- With every breath, I release anxiety
- I am at home in my body
- I am supported by those around me
- I am all I need to be happy
- I am worthy of love and care
- I choose to trust the universe to guide me
Want more chakra affirmations to try?
Don't forget to pin this post!