Intuition is a sacred gift that all human beings have, but in today’s modern world it’s rare that we’re truly tuned into it.
There is so much external noise that receiving and acting on intuitive messages is a skill that many of us are having to relearn, since we’re so out of practice.
Thankfully, intuition quotes can serve as a powerful reminder and mindset shift while you’re relearning how to follow your intuition, or at times of self-doubt and confusion.
In this post I’ll be sharing some of my favourite inspirational intuition quotes with you.
These quotes have the power to keep you motivated on your journey to living intuitively, and can also help you learn from some of the wisest thinkers on the topic of intuition.
So if you’re on a journey of listening to your intuition, keep reading to find out how intuition quotes can help you, and 70 of the most inspirational intuition quotes to help you trust your gut – let’s get into it!
This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure.
What is intuition?
Intuition is a difficult concept to explain, because it is based so much on feeling – specifically a “gut feeling”.
It is essentially our internal compass that has knowledge and understanding to guide us that our cognitive mind does not.
In this way it might be described as a sort of “sixth sense”, allowing us to pick up on subtle energies to guide us in the right direction, without having to know all the facts.
Intuition is purely instinctual and when it shows up you won’t be able to explain it. You will feel called to pursue a certain path but you will have no reason or explanation for why, you just have that “gut feeling.”
The benefits of developing your intuition
When we are tuned into our intuition it can be a powerful guiding force that allows us to make more aligned decisions and read situations and people better.
A well developed intuition will allow you to trust in the Universe (or a divine order) and be less paralysed by decision making and fear of making mistakes.
It can also allow you to live a life that’s more in alignment with your values and your higher purpose, ignoring external noise and other people’s expectations in favour for what makes your heart light up.
This can be a much less stressful way of living, allowing you to live in alignment with your authentic self and follow your own internal compass to guide you to who you want to become and the dreams and desires you want to achieve in life.
The benefits of reading intuition quotes
But, developing your intuition is a skill that requires constant practice (and patience).
It will require dedication to choosing to tune into your intuition in situations that call for you to make a decision or judgement about something.
And it can take time before you’re even able to hear what your gut or “inner voice” is telling you.
While you’re working on developing and learning to trust your intuition, I find that intuition quotes can be beneficial for the following reasons:
- Inspiration, motivation and encouragement: intuition quotes can be the inspiration you need to prioritise working on developing your own intuition. Reading them in times of need can motivate you to listen to your intuition, take risks, and be more confident when it comes to decision making.
- Validation: if you’re learning to trust your gut, intuition quotes can often validate our instincts and encourage us to listen to the hunches that may have already been coming up in our lives.
- Learning from wise thinkers: many intuition quotes come from wise thinkers who live by their intuition. Hearing from these people can help us to learn from their wisdom and apply it to our own lives.
- Wider perspectives: reading quotes about intuition can help us to hear a wider amount of perspectives on the topic, which can allow us to keep an open mind and consider other thoughts, opinions and approaches to living intuitively.
- Energetic/emotional resonance: sometimes we read somebody else’s words and they convey our own experiences in a way that we might have struggled to. When intuition quotes resonate deeply they can help you to connect with your true self and awaken your intuition further.
- Encouraging introspection: words have the power to make us self-reflect. Reading intuition quotes can encourage you to reflect on your own experience with intuition and how you can improve this in your life.
I personally think that reading quotes can be an amazing practice to return to in times of doubt, when you need a little help with mindset.
If you’re struggling to listen to your intuition or doubting yourself, keeping some of your favourite intuition quotes from this list in a place you can see often (like on a mirror or noticeboard) can help to remind you about the power of intuition and how to develop this muscle.
55 intuition quotes to help you trust your gut
Hopefully by this point in the post you have a good understanding about the importance of developing your intuition, as well as how intuition quotes can help on this journey.
So, with that being said, here are some of my favourite inspirational intuition quotes to help motivate and uplift you on your journey to trusting your gut.
I highly encourage you to explore your favourites from this list and keep them easily accessible for times of need, or even for everyday inspiration to live your life more intuitively.
1. “The only real valuable thing is intuition.” – Albert Einstein
2. “Intuition is seeing with the soul.” – Dean Koontz
3. “Trust your instincts. Intuition doesn’t lie.” – Oprah Winfrey
4. “The more you trust your intuition, the more empowered you become, the stronger you become, and the happier you become.” – Gisele Bundchen
5. “Intuition will tell the thinking mind where to look next.” – Jonas Salk
6. “Intuition is the key to everything, in painting, filmmaking, business – everything. I think you could have an intellectual ability, but if you can sharpen your intuition, which they say is emotion and intellect joining together, then a knowingness occurs.” – David Lynch
7. “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift.” – Albert Einstein
8. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
9. “Intuition is a sense of knowing how to act spontaneously, without needing to know why.” – Sylvia Clare
10. “The power of intuitive understanding will protect you from harm until the end of your days.” – Lao Tzu
11. “Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.” – Oprah Winfrey
12. “Intuition is the whisper of the soul.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
13. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
14. “Intuition is the silent voice of the soul.” – Abraham Hicks
15. “Intuition is a spiritual faculty and does not explain but simply points the way.” – Florence Scovel Shinn
16. “Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life.” – Paulo Coelho
17. “Intuition is the highest form of intelligence, transcending all individual abilities and skills.” – Sylvia Clare
18. “Intuition is a natural inner resource and is an essential quality of life.” – Genevieve Gerard
19. “Intuition is a powerful tool that can heal the painful split we all feel between our earthly, mundane selves and our divine, eternal selves.” – Sonia Choquette
20. “Intuition is the inner knowingness, the inner teacher, the inner voice.” – Elaine Seiler
21. “Intuition is like a muscle; the more you use it, the stronger it becomes.” – Robert Kiyosaki
22. “Intuition is a very powerful thing, more powerful than intellect.” – Steve Jobs
23. “Trust your intuition, it never lies.” – Unknown
24. “Intuition is a divine guidance system, always ready to steer you in the right direction.” – Wayne Dyer
25. “Intuition is the bridge between the known and the unknown.” – John Holland
26. “Intuition is the compass of the soul.” – Dan Millman
27. “Intuition is a silent teacher who always has an answer if you’re willing to listen.” – Bryant McGill
28. “Intuition is the clear conception of the whole at once.” – Johann Kaspar Lavater
29. “Your gut knows what’s up. Trust that.” – Oprah Winfrey
30. “Trust your gut, it knows what your head hasn’t figured out yet.” – Unknown
31. “Trust your gut instincts over spreadsheets. There are too many variables in the real world that you simply can’t put into a spreadsheet.” – Elon Musk
32. “Sometimes you have to trust your gut and believe in yourself, even when others don’t.” – Unknown
33. “When you start to ignore your gut, that’s when you get into trouble.” – Chef Gordon Ramsay
34. “Your gut is your inner compass; it knows where you need to go.” – Unknown
35. “Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.” – Robert Tew
36. “A woman knows by intuition, or instinct, what is best for herself” – Marilyn Monroe
37. “You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself” – Alan Alda
38. “It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover.” – Henri Poincare
39. “When we allow distractions to wobble us away from ourselves, that’s when our intuition starts to fade and our focus dulls.” – Tara Stiles
40. “As hackneyed and cliche as it sounds, follow your heart. We are all given intuition and instincts, and sometimes it is hard to follow those instincts with the fears and pressures that surround us – but you have to do it.” – Michael Feinstein
41. “You will never follow your own inner voice until you clear up the doubts in your mind.” – Roy T. Bennett
42. “Never apologise for trusting your intuition – your brain can play tricks, your heart can be blind, but your gut is always right.” – Unknown
43. “A quiet mind is able to hear intuition over fear.” – Unknown
44. “Your intuition is the most honest friend that you will ever have.” – Doe Zantamata
45. “Intuition doesn’t tell you what you want to hear; it tells you what you need to hear.” – Sonia Choquette
46. “Trust your hunches. Hunches are usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level.” – Joyce Brothers
47. “One life to live, live it to the fullest. If you have doubts or your gut feeling says something, listen. Don’t waste time; time will waste you.” – Behdad Sami
48. “Think for yourself. Trust your own intuition. Another’s mind isn’t walking your journey; you are.” – Scottie Waves
49. “Intuition is always right in at least two important ways; It is always in response to something. It always has your best interest at heart.” – Karen Whitaker
50. “Trusting your intuition means tuning in as deeply as you can to the energy you feel, following that energy moment to moment, trusting that it will lead you where you want to go and bring you everything you desire.” – Shakti Gawain
51. “Intuition does not come to an unprepared mind.” – Albert Einstein
52. “There’s something real in women’s intuition. It’s an accurate signpost for decision-making, but it usually bumps up against man’s logic. So we have to put ego aside and listen to them.” – Jon Voight
53. “When you reach the end of what you should know, you will be at the beginning of what you should sense.” – Kahlil Gibran
54. “Practice listening to your intuition, your inner voice. Ask questions, be curious, see what you see, hear what you hear, and then act upon what you know to be true. These intuitive powers were given to your soul at birth.” – Clarissa Pinkola Estes
55. “Meditation is an essential travel partner on your journey of personal transformation. Meditation connects you with your soul, and this connection gives you access to your intuition, your heartfelt desires, your integrity, and the inspiration to create a life you love.” – Sarah McLean
56. “To know how to choose a path with heart is to learn how to follow intuitive feeling. Logic can tell you superficially where a path might lead to, but it cannot judge whether your heart will be in it.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
57. “Intuition means exactly what it sounds like, in-tuition! An inner tutor or teaching and learning mechanism that takes us forward daily. It is a resource that, where recognized, has infinite potential.” – Sylvia Clare
58. “The material world is simply an expression of the mind; that’s what so many fail to see. We’re so dependent on what is before us that we discount our intuition. Yet if one dismisses instinct, how can one understand or believe in a world that exists beyond sight?” – Megan Chance
59. “Cease trying to work everything out with your mind. It will get you nowhere. Live by intuition and inspiration and let your whole life be a revelation.” – Eileen Cady
60. “Emotion often outwits intelligence, while intuition renders life surprisingly fluent and enjoyable.” – Erik Pevernagie
61. “Logic obviously is important. You need to be able to figure things out, to go to the end of a particular problem. But intuition is very important because it references things that logic alone cannot.” – Daniel Tammet
62. “I’ve learned to separate my fears from my intuition and, at times, to follow my intuition through the fear.” – Justine Musk
63. “It is always with excitement that I wake up in the morning wondering what my intuition will toss up to me, like gifts from the sea. I work with it and rely on it. It’s my partner.” – Jonas Salk
64. “As women, we can over-think things so much that we silence our intuition and only focus on the reasons something won’t work.” – Mindy Grossman
65. “Intuition comes very close to clairvoyance; it appears to be the extrasensory perception of reality.” – Alexis Carrel
66. “We live in a culture that doesn’t acknowledge or validate human intuition and doesn’t encourage us to rely on our intuitive wisdom.” – Shakti Gawain
67. “My intuition comes up with better stuff than my head, I think.” – Ben Whishaw
68. “You must train your intuition – you must trust the small voice inside you which tells you exactly what to say, what to decide.” – Ingrid Bergman
69. “Don’t try to comprehend with your mind. Your minds are very limited. Use your intuition.” – Madeleine L’engle
70. “As intuition grows, the need to make problems and see complications starts to dwindle.” – Deepak Chopra
Go further with books about intuition
Want to explore your intuition even further? These books about intuition can help to guide you.
“The Power of Intuition: How to Use Your Gut Feelings to Make Better Decisions at Work” by Gary Klein
In this book, a psychologist explores the role of intuition in decision making and how it can allow you to make better choices in your professional life.
“Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking” by Malcolm Gladwell
This book explores how powerful our intuition can be for enabling us to stop wasting time on analytical thinking, and make more accurate judgments with far less energy.
“The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness” by Penney Peirce
If you’re looking for practical guidance on how to develop your intuition, this is the book for you. This book is full of exercises and insights to help you tap into your own intuition and be more confident in your choices.
I hope that this post has provided you with some inspirational intuition quotes to guide you on your journey.
My belief is that reading these quotes and referring to them in times of need will help to reinforce why listening to your gut is so important.
Remember, with practice your intuition will become a stronger guiding force and you can learn to live a more intuitively guided life that fills you with joy. So keep listening and following your gut everyday.
Liked this post on intuition quotes? Check out some of these related posts:
- Synchronicity and Signs from the Universe That You Shouldn’t Ignore
- 62 Inspirational Quotes About Magic To Inspire You To Believe
- 30 Powerful Manifestation Quotes to Inspire You
And don’t forget to pin this post for later!