The law of attraction is a powerful practice to manifest your biggest dreams into your reality, but I know that sometimes putting it into action can be difficult.
Creating a manifestation box is a great way to work at manifesting your intention in a fun and easy way!
This post covers everything you need to know about creating your own manifestation box and using it to achieve your goals!
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full affiliate disclosure.
What is a manifestation box?
A manifestation box - otherwise known as an intention box, vision box or wish box - is a powerful manifestation tool, which works with the law of attraction to bring your dreams into reality!
The premise is simple - you create (or buy) a box and set an intention. With this intention in mind, you place anything in the box that resonates with this intention.
The idea is that you are channeling all this positive energy towards your intention, making it more likely to come to life!
Think of it like a vision board… only in box form!
Benefits of a manifestation box
The benefits of using a manifestation box include:
- Clearer vision: this process helps you to really tune into your vision and align yourself with exactly what you want from life!
- Powerful manifestation: by creating a manifestation box, you are pouring your heart and soul into your intention, showing the universe that you are dedicated and ready to receive!
- Creative energy: This is a creative process, which helps us to tap into the creative energy associated with our sacral chakra!
- Fun: With all the other bonuses aside, it’s fun to do and a great activity to do with children too!
What you’ll need
How much or how little you need for this process is entirely up to you! However, here are a few things that you might not want to skip on…
- A box (duh!)
- Some paper
- A pen
- A clear intention
We’ll get onto some optional extras shortly!
How to make your own manifestation box
If you’re feeling extra creative, you might want to make your own manifestation box. Here’s how you can do just that!
1. Buy a plain box
2. Decorate it!
This is where the fun begins! However you choose to decorate your box is up to you, but here are some great ideas to get you started!
- Paint it: whether you choose to paint it one solid colour or paint a picture, let your imagination run wild! It’s best to choose water based acrylic paints on your wood/paper base.
- Decoupage it: layer up magazine cutouts or funky wrapping paper for that perfect decoupage look! If you’re new to decoupage, check out this handy guide.
- Glitter it: because who doesn’t love glitter?! Just make sure to source the biodegradable kind!
- Sticker it: choose stickers that resonate with the mindset you want to embody. Some of my favourites are these motivational affirmation stickers and this large “I am abundant” sticker!
Not feeling very creative? That’s okay too! You can buy any pre-decorated box that you feel resonates with you!
How to use a manifestation box
Using your manifestation box is easy when you follow these three simple steps!
1. Set an intention for your manifestation box
Just like with any other law of attraction method, the most important step is setting an intention! Dig deep into your soul and ask yourself - “what do I want to receive?”
It’s essential that this intention is something you feel passionate about, but also something that you believe you can achieve! Avoid materialistic things that you want just for the sake of it. What would really serve you?
This intention is what will become the focus of your work with your manifestation box. See your box as an extension of this intention!
2. Fill your vision box with things that resonate
With your intention in mind, it’s time to start filling your vision box! What do you put in your manifestation box? You can put in anything that resonates!
As with any creative process, there is no right or wrong - the most important thing is that you connect with it and it feels “right”.
Here are some ideas to get you started...
A letter to the universe
A great way to connect to your intention is by writing a letter to the universe. To fully embody this practice, imagine talking to a friend. After all, the universe always has your back!
The letter should be positive, uplifting and full of gratitude! Avoid talking from a place of desperation - we don’t want to be begging for the universe to give us money because we’re fearful of not having enough.
Instead, we want to thank the universe for everything it does for us, all the financial support it has given us thus far. This positive energy is a magnet for good things!
Once you have written your heartfelt letter, place it in your manifestation box and let go, embodying the love that you just sent out into the universe.
Affirmations are one of the most powerful tools for working with the law of attraction. That’s because they help us to "act as if” and channel the emotions that are essential for manifestation!
Affirmations should, again, be written in a positive way. Avoid focusing on the negative and always speak in the present tense. That means rephrasing things such as “I won’t feel anxious” to “I am confident and capable”.
Here are some affirmations you might want to try to get started:
- 100 Self Love Affirmations to Build your Self Esteem
- Positive Affirmations for Anxiety Disorders
- 50 Soulmate Affirmations to Attract Your Soulmate
Writing down your affirmations puts them in a permanent form and gives them more power! How you choose to write them is up to you - whether that’s once only or several times each day, place them in your box and let them work their magic.
If you want to supercharge the power of your affirmations, try using the 5x55 manifestation method!
Quotes are another great item to add to your manifestation box. Pick a favourite quote that resonates with your intention, or even a few, and add it to your box!
You may choose to handwrite them like you did with your affirmations. Another handy tip that I like to do is source quotes from Pinterest.
I like printing out the pretty images and I feel like the visuals fill me with more positive energy than written words alone!
Here are some quotes you may wish to include in your box:
Speaking of visuals, why not include some images that make you feel connected to your intention?
Browse through magazines and look out for images that you feel called to and fill you with joy. You can also search for images online - again, Pinterest is a great tool for this!
You can place the images in separately, or you may wish to create a little collage like a vision board. This is a great way to make you connect with the images even more, while harnessing your creative energy!
Get your FREE Manifestation Blocks PDF to achieve your manifestation breakthrough!
You could also include symbolic objects. These are objects that you feel represent your intention.
They may be very literal - for example, you might include a miniature statue of cupid if you’re trying to manifest love. Or you may choose an object that simply makes you feel love.
Whatever your object is, the most important thing is that you feel it is symbolic of what you are trying to manifest. If you feel it is, include it!
Crystals, I believe, are one of the most powerful tools for connecting with the universe. Each crystal harnesses its own unique properties, which help you to align with whatever you require in that moment.
Whatever you are trying to manifest, there is a crystal that aligns with it. These are some of the best crystals for some of the most common intentions.
- To manifest money: Pyrite
- To manifest love: Rose quartz
- To manifest new opportunities: Green aventurine
- To manifest confidence and courage: Citrine
- To help you to connect with any intention: Clear quartz
Related: the Six Best Crystals for Meditation
3. Let go and trust
As with any other law of attraction practice, it is time to let go and trust that the universe will provide.
Avoid obsessing over whether your manifestation box is working - trust and know deep within you that it is working.
There are a number of ways in which you might choose to continue working with your manifestation box. For example, you might:
- Leave your box alone to work it’s magic until your vision has manifested into reality
- Meditate on the contents of your vision box whenever you feel called to align with your intention
- Keep adding to your intention box as a daily practice e.g. writing affirmations, adding journal entries, new images
Remember, there is no right or wrong way - this is your practice and there are no rules!
Here's some other posts you might like...
- How to Create a Powerful Digital Vision Board: 5 Easy Steps
- How to Use the Two Cup Method to Quantum Leap to Your Dream Reality
Did you like this post? Pin it below!